Thinking of trying out being a “sugar daddy”? Here are a few tips for guys getting started on SeekingArragement in 2020.
What are the most popular times of the year to find sugar babies?
They’re about what you might think. According to our web-stats, the biggest times are:
- Early November. This could be Black Friday and the whole holiday season. Once December hits, most ladies are probably into Family stuff, so start looking right at the end of October.
- Early September. The period from near the end of August to around September 10th seemed to be popular – makes sense, being the start of school and ladies are looking for some extra income.
- April/May. Again school-related, with most exams ending around May, thoughts turn to summer fun and adventures – and that might cost money!
- February 11 (a few days before Valentine’s Day). Not sure why maybe just looking for a bit of romance?
What should a good message say?
- Complement them. Read their bio and look at their pictures. Find something that is unique, even if they haven’t filled out most of their profile. Do they mention interests, what they’re taking in school, or being sick of guys who aren’t serious? Put something in the message that shows you read theirs and you’re not copy-pasting to 50 profiles.
- Ask a question. Like complementing, this shows that you read their bio and gives them another reason to respond back.
- Be direct without creepy. Mention what you’re looking for, keep it short. Most girls know you’re looking for sex, skip that say you’re looking to meet 2-3 times a month and are free weekends. Let them know what they’re signing on for so nobody’s time is wasted.
- Never ask for anything that sounds like PPM. Asking “how much do you want” or offering could get you blocked or banned (Pay Per Meet is against Seeking’s policies).
- Keep it short. Ladies are getting bombed with messages. Make your’s short and to the point: Hello, this is what I read in your profile that attracted me, here’s what I’m looking for.
Use a bit of discretion.
- Photos live forever. Don’t use the same photos you have on other social media. Apps like Google’s Image Search let people upload an image are find similar ones, which could lead back to your personal information.
- Make public photos discreet. This is the image that gets mailed out when you contact someone, meaning it lives on the Internet forever. Use blurring and other things that Seeking allows.
- Burner phone. There’s a number of apps like Burner and Hush that let you communicate without giving out your real number. Use them at least until you trust the person enough.
- Be careful about giving out too much personal information. Until you’ve actually met someone in real life, they could well be a scammer from anywhere in the world. Normal people will be fine if you say you work for “a bank” and live in “downtown Vancouver”
- Meet in public places ideally. This is for both yours and their safety. In fact, unless they are a bit more “pro” they’ll want to meet somewhere other than your apartment the first time you meet. For those who want to “skip the formalities” (some do), consider a hotel, but agree to meet for a drink in the lobby, if they’re not willing to even do that, maybe it’s best to skip.